Saturday, March 27, 2010

An apple a day ...


Apple Muffins, because I had a craving .. and for no other reason than that !




Well yes.. I had a craving for apple muffins .. So here they are !

I also added a few more spices.. Nutmeg and ginger, but we'll get to that later . 



Peel and chop your apples.. I prefer small pieces.. and a fancy apple green colored Knife :)




Sugar, Oil, Eggs...

Vanilla.. Not on the ingredient list .. but come on .. who bakes without Vanilla... I'd say two tsp's for the recipe that I make (which will give you about 2.5 doz muffins) 


Apples :) 



Milk. I may use Almond milk next time .... 



Now lets talk spices.. You can most def. just use Cinnamon . BUT I Think that just a little maybe 1/8-a very shy 1/4 tsp of each ginger/nutmeg adds a sense of apple pie to these muffins...

Add these spices to the rest of the dry ingredients, and to the wet ones in the mixer .. 


Mix Mix Mix...


Eventually you'll end up with this :)


Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way full .. and sprinkle the tops of each with some brown sugar ...
-----Bake at 400 for 18 ish minutes ..... and you'll end up with ..... 



Heavenly breakfast gems  :)

 YUM! 





Apple Muffins

1 1/2 c Milk
1c Oil
2 eggs
2 med apples , peeled , small dice
4 c floud
1 1/3 c white sugar 
6 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
vanilla
nutmeg
ground ginger
 --brown sugar to sprinkle on top-

ENJOY !


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

I'm Half Doomed And You're Semi Sweet... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice