Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Samoas Cheesecake.


Yea, well If anyone would do it.. it would be me . This weekend I combined an entire cheesecake.. with an entire box of Samoas Girlscout cookies...... and it was fabulous.



SO you want the recipe ? Of course you do.

I used an Italian Cheesecake from allrecipes.com ,  But made some alterations ... see below.

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 pint sour cream

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a springform pan.
  2. Mix the cream cheese and ricotta cheese together in a mixing bowl until well combined. Stir in the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, cornstarch, flour, and butter. Add the sour cream last and stir. Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour; turn oven off and leave in oven 1 hour more. Allow to cool completely in refrigerator before serving.

First I crumbled up an ENTIRE box of samoas cookies and laid them on the bottom of the pan for a crust ... then I used just a little coconut extract in the cheesecake in replacement of the lemon.

Then I decided it just wasn't enough ( as if a box of cookies in a cheesecake isn't enough! ) So I sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top ...  drizzled caramel from a jar ( smuckers I believe) and then topped with shredded coconut .. and popped that bad boy in the oven .. Heres how it turned out . 




I don't have to tell you how good this was ... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

I'm Half Doomed And You're Semi Sweet... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice